Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK extension release notes
This document covers the release notes for the Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK tag extension. For the latest release notes on the SDK itself, see the Platform Web SDK release notes.
Version 2.9.0 - January 19, 2022
Contains version 2.8.0 of the Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK library.
Version 2.8.0 - October 26, 2021
Contains version 2.7.0 of the Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK library.
- Additional information from Experience Edge are available in the Send Event Complete event, including
destinations. The format of these properties may change as these features are currently rolling out as part of a Beta. For more information, see Tracking Events.
Version 2.7.3 - September 7, 2021
Contains version 2.6.4 of the Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK library.
- There’s no longer a deprecation warning for
Version 2.7.0 - August 16, 2021
Contains version 2.6.3 of the Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK library.
- When using the Identity Map data element type, identifiers whose IDs resolve to values that are not populated strings are now automatically removed from the identity map.
- Fixed an error that would occur when attempting to save a data element using the XDM Object data element type and no schema was selected.
- Improved user interface typography.
Version 2.6.2 - August 4, 2021
Contains version 2.6.2 of the Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK library.
Version 2.6.1 - July, 29, 2021
Contains version 2.6.1 of the Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK library.
Version 2.6.0 - July 27, 2021
Contains version 2.6.0 of the Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK library.
- Labels, descriptions, and error messages using the term “edge configuration” have been changed to use the term “datastream” to align with the latest Adobe Experience Platform terminology.
- In the extension configuration view, support was added for handling large numbers of datastreams and datastream environments.
- In the XDM Object data element view, support was added for handling large numbers of schemas.
- A Send Event Complete event type has been added, which can be used to run a rule after an event has been sent to the server and a response received. More documentation will be available soon.
- The Decisions Received event type has been deprecated. Please use the Send Event Complete event type instead.
- The user interface and error handling has been generally improved.
Version 2.5.0 - June 1, 2021
Contains version 2.5.0 of the Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK library.
- Added a
data field to the Send Event action. Upcoming documentation will describe how this can be used in certain scenarios.
- On the XDM Object data element view, an issue was fixed where an error was thrown if the user had access to Adobe Experience Platform sandboxes but not to the sandbox configured as the default for the organization.
- On the XDM Object data element view, an issue was fixed where a required schema field would be considered invalid even if the parent object contained no values.
Version 2.4.0 - March 9, 2021
Contains version 2.4.0 of the Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK library.
- Added “document unloading” checkbox to Send Event action UI.
- Added support for an
out option when configuring default consent which drops all events until consent is received (the existing
pending option queues events and sends them once consent is received).
- Added a tooltip to the default consent field.
- Added support for Adobe’s Consent 2.0 standard.
- A better error now displays in the XDM Object data element UI if the user’s access token is invalid or improperly provisioned.
- Fixed a cross-origin error (which does not affect the operation of the extension) that showed up on the browser developer console when viewing an XDM Object data element.
Version 2.3.0 - November 4, 2020
Contains version 2.3.0 of the Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK library.
- Added support for using a data element when configuring default consent.
- Added ability to search for XDM schemas with the XDM Object data element type.
- Added cloning of XDM data within the Send Event action type to ensure any subsequent changes to the XDM data object will not be reflected in the request.
Version 2.2.0 - October 1, 2020
- When customers tried to create an XDM object from sandbox schemas, they were running into authentication issues. The API that calls Platform is now aware of environments so users are only presented with those schemas that they have access to edit.
- When using the
identityMap data element, the namespaces is now pre-populated in a dropdown so you don’t have to fill this in manually.
- Revamped the UI for the
xdmObject data element. In the new UI, you can see which fields have been populated without having to enter each item in the object.
Version 2.1.1 - August 26, 2020
- Fixes an issue where Adobe Experience Platform sandboxes on the XDM Object view displayed incorrectly. If, when using this version of the extension, an expected sandbox is not displayed in the list, the user should check with their Adobe Experience Platform administrator to ensure access permissions are set correctly.
Version 2.1.0 - August 5, 2020
- Breaking Change: Remove the
syncIdentity action and support passing those IDs in the
sendEvent action instead. Please disable any existing rule using this action before upgrading your extension.
- Update to Alloy v. 2.1.0 (Release Notes)
- Support IAB 2.0 Consent Standard in the
- Support overriding the dataset ID in the
- Add a new Data Element of type
IdentityMap which can be used to populate the
identityMap entry in the XDM Object Data Element which is now enabled, and in the
- Support passing an identity map in the
- Support choosing an Platform sandbox in the XDM Object Data Element.
Version 1.0.0 - May 26, 2020
- Support selecting the environment from the Configuration Service.
Version 0.1.2 - May 4, 2020
renderDecisions, set to false by default. If set to true, Personalization offers are fetched and auto-rendered.
- Changes related to
- Removed the
- Added a
scopes option to the
sendEvent command. Decisions are returned in the
sendEvent resolved promise.
- Added a built-in
__view__ scope which will result in returning page/view wide offers. (VEC offers in Target for example.)
Those decisions return from the
sendEvent command only if
renderDecisions is set to false.
- Added a
Decisions Received event, which fires when decisions become available.
- Combined multiple Personalization notifications under a single server call.
- Fixed issue in Event Merge ID where it was being reset every time the data element was referenced.
- Renamed the
setCustomerIds action to
- Added a
getIdentity command. This can be consumed via custom code only for now.
- Enabling debug using
_satellite now enables debugging in the Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK.
- Added support for typed values in the XDM Object: Booleans, Numbers and Decimals.
Version 0.0.10 - March 16, 2020
- Combined the concepts of Opt-In & Opt-Out under
Consent, and added a new
- Added a new Data Element of type
Version 0.0.7 - February 18, 2020
- Removed idSyncContainerId, datasetId, schemaId, urlDestinationsEnabled, and cookieDestinationsEnabled options
- Added support for hyphens in edgeDomain option value
- Request made during ID migration is sent to demdex endpoint to improve cross-domain identification when demdex cookie is not set
- Request made during ID migration always expects a response to ensure identity cookie gets set
- When executing an invalid command, a list of valid command names will be logged in the console
- Added checkbox for toggling third-party cookie support to the tag extension. This disables calls to demdex.net
Version 0.0.5 - December 20, 2019
- Add Activity Tracker configs to tag extension
- Expose EventType and EventMergeId on event command
- Add onBeforeEventSend config to tag extension
- Add edgeBasePath config to tag extension
Version 0.0.3 - November 25, 2019
- New Merge ID and Type fields on the Send Event action. Merge ID maps to
xdm.eventMergeID in the XDM schema and Type maps to
xdm.eventType in the XDM schema.
Version 0.0.2 - November 18, 2019