Introduction to Admin systems
The store Admin is the secure back office where merchants set up products and promotions, manage orders, and perform other administrative tasks. All basic configuration tasks and store management operations are performed from the Admin. There are also functions that provide support across multiple store features that administrators can manage for their organizations.
Variables and customer communications
Variables are pieces of information that can be created once and used in multiple places. Your store includes many predefined variables that can be easily used to personalize email and newsletter templates, and other types of content. You can also create custom variables to incorporate information that is specific to your needs.
One of the tasks to complete before launching your store is to review the email templates that are used for all communications sent from your store to make sure that they reflect your brand. This includes customizing email and newsletter templates, and PDF invoices and packing slips. It also includes personalizing the content with variables and markup tags.
The Admin also supports various tasks for systems administrators to manage the Admin users within their organization and operate the store. These include the following tools:
- Admin user accounts and permissions - Manage Admin user accounts, as well as the associated roles and permissions that control their access to sites and functional areas in the Admin.
- Admin sessions and website restrictions - Review security best practices, and learn how to manage Admin sessions and credentials, implement CAPTCHA, and manage website restrictions.
- System tools - Perform routine index and cache management operations, back up the system, manage scheduled operations, and use an assortment of developer tools.
- Data Transfer - Use the data transfer tools to import and export data, as well as manage product, pricing, customer, and tax rate data.
- Integrations - Establish the location of OAuth credentials and redirect URL for third-party integrations, and identify available API resources.
- Action logs - (Adobe Commerce only) Access the records (action logs) for changes made by Admin users working in your store.
- Support tools - (Adobe Commerce only) The support tools (Data Collector and System Reports) are designed to identify known issues in your system. They can be used as a resource during the development and optimization processes, and as a diagnostic tool to help our support team identify and resolve issues.