Adobe Campaign connection
Adobe Campaign is a set of solutions that help you personalize and deliver campaigns across all your online and offline channels. See Get Started with Campaign Classic for more information.
To send segment data to Adobe Campaign, you must first connect the destination in Adobe Experience Platform, and then set up a data import from your storage location into Adobe Campaign.
Profile-based - you are exporting all members of a segment, together with the desired schema fields (for example: email address, phone number, last name), as chosen in the Select attributes step of the audience activation workflow.
IP address allow list
When setting up email marketing destinations with SFTP storage, Adobe recommends that you add certain IP ranges to your allow list.
Refer to IP address allow list for cloud storage destinations if you need to add Adobe IPs to your allow list.
Connect to the destination
To connect to this destination, follow the steps described in the destination configuration tutorial.
Adobe Campaign supports the following connection types:
- Amazon S3
- SFTP with Password
- SFTP with SSH Key
- Azure Blob
The preferred method to send data to Adobe Campaign is through Amazon S3 or Azure Blob.
While setting up this destination, you must provide the following information:
- For Amazon S3 connections, you must provide your Access Key ID and Secret Access Key.
- For SFTP with Password connections, you must provide Domain, Port, Username, and Password.
- For SFTP with SSH Key connections, you must provide Domain, Port, Username, and SSH Key.
- For Azure Blob connections, you must provide a connection string.
- Optionally, you can attach your RSA-formatted public key to add encryption with PGP/GPG to your exported files under the Key section. Your public key must be written as a Base64 encoded string.
- Name: Pick a relevant name for your destination.
- Description: Enter a description for your destination.
- Bucket Name: For S3 connections. Enter the location of your S3 bucket where Platform will deposit your export data as CSV or tab-delimited files.
- Folder Path: Provide the path in your storage location where Platform will deposit your export data as CSV or tab-delimited files.
- Container: For Blob connections. The container that holds the Blob your folder path is in.
- File Format: CSV or TAB_DELIMITED. Select which file format to export to your storage location.
Activate segments to this destination
See Activate audience data to batch profile export destinations for instructions on activating audience segments to this destination.
When activating segments to this destination, Adobe recommends that you select a unique identifier from your union schema. Select the unique identifier and any other XDM fields that you want to export to the destination. For more information, refer to best practices when activating audiences to email marketing destinations.
For Adobe Campaign destinations, Platform creates a tab-delimited
.csv file in the storage location that you provided. For more information about the files, see verify segment activation in the segment activation tutorial.
Set up data import into Adobe Campaign
- Keep in mind the SFTP storage limits, database storage limits, and active profile limits as per your Adobe Campaign contract while performing this integration.
- You need to schedule, import, and map your exported segment(s) in Adobe Campaign using Campaign workflows. Refer to Setting up a recurring import in Adobe Campaign Classic documentation and About data management activities in Adobe Campaign Standard documentation.
- The preferred method to send data to Adobe Campaign is through Amazon S3 or Azure Blob.
After connecting Platform to your Amazon S3 or Azure Blob storage, you must set up the data import from your storage location into Adobe Campaign. To learn how to accomplish this, refer to the following Adobe Campaign documentation pages: