Adobe Campaign Classic: How to migrate from the legacy binary protocol to HTTP/2-based APNs provider API
The Apple Push Notification service (APNs) will no longer support the legacy binary protocol as of March 31, 2021. Read more.
Adobe Campaign Classic supports two Apple Push Notification service (APNs) protocols:
- legacy binary protocol, which is the default protocol for all Campaign Classic versions.
- HTTP/2 protocol, which is already available and is the new default protocol in the following releases:
If push notifications are being sent with the legacy Apple binary protocol, they need to be upgraded to one of the releases below or use an HTTP/2-based APNs provider API.
Steps to update to HTTP/2 protocol are detailed below.
Check your version
- Check Campaign Classic build number on all instances
- If the build number is older than 8766, Campaign does not support HTTP/2 protocol and needs to be upgraded to a newer version. Learn how to upgrade.
- If the build number is 8766 or later, Campaign supports HTTP/2 protocol and can be updated to use HTTP/2 protocol.
- If a hosted or hybrid customer, please reach out to Adobe Customer Care team to plan this upgrade.
- If an on-premise customer, please update the configuration as described below.
To migrate to HTTP/2 protocol, update the External account used for iOS deliveries of all instances as described below:
- Log into the instance as Administrator.
- Open the External account used to perform iOS deliveries. To identify this external account, make sure the channel parameter is set to iOS channel and the Enabled option is checked, as below:
- Click on the Connector tab, and set the value of Access URL of the connector to:
- Restart the nlserver service of your server hosting Campaign Classic.