Viewers release notes (5.16.1)
Adobe Dynamic Media Viewers
The package includes the following:
Adobe Experience Manager Dynamic Media Viewers
HTML5 Viewers for mobile only (legacy, using 3.10 s7sdk)
New enhancement for 5.16.1
- Added support for server-side DPR optimization.
- Added support for sanitizing URL configuration parameters. Pop-up viewers now ignore URL configuration parameters that are defined in the query string. This functionality is done in case the domain in the parameter’s value does not match the base viewer domain or does not belong to a list of allowed domains.
- Updated product branding to Adobe Experience Viewers.
- Fixed keyboard navigation inside the SocialShare drop-down when one of the subcomponents is disabled in the CSS.
- Fixed incorrect reporting of the current video playback time as NaN.
Adobe Customer Care
Known issues and restrictions
The Image Serving modifiers from IS commands are not added to the
req=set request by design. However, modifiers that only affect image display work fine. Modifiers affecting size must be used in a complex asset. For example:
Scaling the browser window leads to incorrect resizing.
iPad 2 - Large eCatalog assets crash Safari on iOS.
- Watermarks, obfuscation, and locking are not supported.
- Image presets are not supported.
- Adding or removing viewer from the DOM using
display:none CSS or by dynamically detaching it from the parent node is not supported.
HTML5 all viewers
- Embedding a viewer in a table can result in incorrect sizing or placement of the viewer in non-native full-screen mode. Adobe recommends you use DIVs instead.
- Parameters with explicit instance names in the code require instance names in the URL as well to be overwritten (for example,
- Image Serving command
crop is not supported.
- Close button only works if the viewer is open in a child window.
- IS commands modifier does not support Image Serving modifiers that affect image size.
- Navigating to other HTML page and then returning occasionally causes the viewer to reset back to the first page.
- Page layout occasionally displays incorrectly after rotating the iOS device. Zooming into the page corrects the layout.
- Internal links only to left-most page in multi-page spreads. Affects mobile devices in portrait mode.
- Soundtrack play is not supported.
- To render thumbnails properly in outgoing email, the
serverurl modifier must have an absolute URL.
- The poster image can encounter a
max size error. Increase the limit setting for Image Serving Publish.
- Video captions require a company rule set if the hosting HTML page is served from an external server (not a Dynamic Media server). Contact Adobe Customer Care for assistance.
- Analytics tracking can report incorrect play percentage due to buffering.
- On iPad or Android™ devices, a black frame shows instead of a poster image.
- On iPad or Android™ devices, a black frame flashes onscreen during the loading of the viewer.
- On iPad devices, black borders are shown on the side of the VideoPlayer component when the background is set to white/transparent.
- On iPad, using iOS 7, the last frame of video is distorted.
- On Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer browsers, occasional macro blocking occurs during video seek in HLS streaming mode.
- The poster image does not show in the Microsoft® Edge browser for the first time visitor.
- When progressive playback is used, the poster image hides after the video loads in Internet Explorer 9.