Connecting your Zendesk data allows you to consolidate your help desk reporting in MBI. This allows you to optimize customer support and monitor help desk performance alongside your revenue.
Connecting your Zendesk data is a simple three-step process:
- Open the Zendesk credentials page in MBI
- Retrieve your Zendesk API Token
- Enter your Zendesk login info and Token in MBI
To complete this process, you will need to open two browser windows or tabs - one for MBI, the other for your Zendesk account.
Open the Zendesk credentials page in MBI
- Go to the
Integrations page under Manage Data > Data Sources > Integrations.
- Click Add Integration, located on the right side of the screen.
- Click the Zendesk icon. This will open the Zendesk credentials page.
Retrieve your Zendesk API token
- In the window/tab where you are logged into your Zendesk account, click the Settings (gear) icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- When the
Settings menu displays, locate the
Channels section. Click API in this section.
- In the
Token Access section of this page, click the checkbox next to
Enabled. A list of Active API Tokens will display.
- Click Add New Token.
- When prompted, enter a label for the token. We recommend using
MBI, so you will know, at a glance, what application is using the token.
- Click Create.
- An API token will be created. Copy this token; it will be used in the next step.
Enter Zendesk login info and API token into MBI
- Enter your Zendesk site prefix and login email in the Zendesk credentials page in MBI.
- Enter your API token.
- Click Save & Connect. If the connection is successful, a Connection Successful! message will display at the top of the screen.