Journey Optimizer with Adobe Campaign v7 blueprint
Demonstrates how Adobe Journey Optimizer can be used with Adobe Campaign to natively send messages by utilizing the real-time messaging server in Campaign.
Using both Journey Optimizer and Campaign to send messages independently of each other is possible but has some technical considerations that need to be thought through. If you wish to pursue this route please work with your Pre-Sales Enterprise Architect to ensure that you have an understanding of what will be required to support the implementation.
Adobe Experience Platform
- Schemas and datasets must be configured in the system before you can configure Journey Optimizer data sources
- For Experience Event class-based schemas add 'Orchestration eventID field group when you want to have an event triggered that is not a rule-based event
- For Individual Profile class-based schemas add the ‘Profile test details’ field group to be able to load test profiles for use with Journey Optimizer
- Journey Optimizer and Campaign are provisioned in the same IMS Org
- Execution instance of the real-time messaging service (i.e Message Center) must be hosted by Adobe Managed Cloud Services
- All message authoring is done within the Campaign instance itself
Journey Optimizer Guardrails Product Link
Guardrails and End to End Latency Guidance
Adobe Experience Platform
- Configure individual profile, experience event, and multi-entity schemas in Experience Platform, based on customer-supplied data.
- Create Experience Event class-based schemas for Adobe Campaign broadLog, trackingLog and non-deliverable addresses tables (optional).
- Create datasets in Experience Platform for data to be ingested.
- Add data usage labels in Experience Platform to the dataset for governance.
- Create policies that enforce governance on destinations.
- Create any customer-specific namespaces.
- Add identities to schemas.
- Enable the schemas and datasets for Profile.
- Set up merge policies for differing views of Real-time Customer Profile (optional).
- Create segments for Journey usage.
- Ingest data into Experience Platform using streaming APIs & source connectors.
- Configure your Experience Platform datasource and determine what fields should be cached as part of the profileStreaming data used to initiate a customer journey must be configured within Journey Optimizer first to get an orchestration ID. This orchestration ID is then supplied to the developer to use with ingestion
- Configure external data sources
- Configure custom actions for Campaign instance
- Messaging templates need to be configured with appropriate personalization context
- For Campaign v7 - Export workflows need to configured to export the transactional messaging logs back to the Experience Platform. The recommendation is to run at most every 4hrs.
Mobile push configuration (optional)
Implement Experience Platform Mobile SDK to collect push tokens and login information to tie back to known customer profiles
Leverage Adobe Tags and create a mobile property with the following extension:
- Adobe Journey Optimizer | Adobe Campaign Classic | Adobe Campaign Standard
- Adobe Experience Platform Edge Network
- Identity for Edge Network
- Mobile Core
Ensure you have a dedicated datastream for mobile app deployments vs. web deployments
For more information follow the Adobe Journey Optimizer Mobile Guide
Mobile tokens may need to be collected in both Journey Optimizer and Campaign if there is desire send real-time communications via Journey Optimizer and batch push notifications via Campaign. Campaign v8 requires the exclusive use of the Campaign SDK for capturing push tokens.