Create a date range
You can create a custom date range using either of the following two methods:
- Directly in a workspace project by clicking the ‘
+’ button next to the list of date range components on the left
- Within the date range manager
To create a date range in the date range manager:
- Log in to analytics.adobe.com using your AdobeID credentials.
- Navigate to Components > Date Ranges.
- Click the Add button to open the modal window that creates a date range.
Create a date range modal window
The modal window has four fields you can edit:
- Date range: The date range you want for this component.
- Title: The name you want for this component. The title is used in workspace projects.
- Description: The description you want for this component. The description is seen when clicking the icon.
- Tags: Use tags to organize your date ranges. A date range can belong to multiple tags.
Selecting a date range
When clicking the date range in the modal window, you have several options:
- Calendar: Select the start and end date.
- Use rolling dates: Check this box if you want the date range to change as time goes on. Do not check this box if you want your date range to remain static.
- Select preset: Use this dropdown if you want a custom date range based on a range that Adobe offers by default. When you select a preset, you can further customize the date range to suit your needs. It does not affect the preset that Adobe offers.
Rolling date ranges
If you want a rolling date range, you can customize when it rolls. You can control when the start and end dates roll independently of each other.
- When the date starts: Choose if the date starts at the beginning of a time period, at the end of a time period, or use a fixed day.
- The time period to use: Choose how often the date range rolls. You can have it roll every day, every week, every month, every quarter, or every year.
- Offset: Choose the offset of the date range. You can add or subtract days, weeks, months, quarters, or years.
Rolling date examples
Some date ranges can be useful in certain reports.
Start: Start of current year
End: End of current day
Last Thursday to this Thursday:
Start: Start of current week minus 3 days
End: Start of current week plus 4 days
Fiscal year (for example, if a fiscal year starts in December)
Start: Start of current year minus 1 month
End: End of current year minus 1 month