View the Placement Diagnostic Reports
The following tools can help you diagnose issues with placement setup and pacing once a campaign is live:
- Change Log: Shows changes to key placement settings, such as the name, status, and maximum bid. Each entry includes the date and username of the person who made the change.
- Ad Approvals: Shows whether ads were approved or rejected by the inventory providers. You can optionally change the status of any ad (for example, pause a rejected ad) or open the ad settings.
- Non Bids: Shows why DSP didn’t bid on the placement.
- Open the Diagnostics report:
- Open the placement settings:
- In the main menu, click Campaigns.
- Click the name of the campaign, and then click Placements.
- Next to the placement name, click … > Edit.
- In the upper right, click or Diagnostic.
- Do any of the following:
- To view the change log:
- Click Change Log.
- (Optional) Filter the report results:
- In the date menu, change the report period from the default Last 14 Days to another period (Last 30 days, Last 60 days, Last 90 days, or Last 1 year).
- In the left menu, filter the report by a specific username.
- In the right menu, filter the report by a specific placement setting.
- To view the status of ad approvals:
- In the upper right, click Ad Approvals.
- (Optional) To pause or activate the ad, click the status switch () in the Ad column).
- (Optional) To open the settings for an ad, click View Ad next to the ad.
- To see why DSP didn’t bid on the placement:
- In the upper right, click Non Bids.
- (Optional) To change the date range, click in the date field and select a different date or date range.