Adobe Experience Cloud Release Notes - February 2020
New features and fixes in the Adobe Experience Cloud.
Subscribe to the Adobe Priority Product Update to be notified via email about upcoming releases. New information published after the release will be marked with the publication date.
Release date: February 20, 2020
Latest update: February 26, 2020
Looking for the help home? See Adobe Experience Cloud Documentation.
Adobe System Status
Adobe System Status provides detailed information, status updates, and email notifications about Adobe cloud products and services outage, disruption, and maintenance events. Check it out at status.adobe.com.
- Using your Adobe ID, you can subscribe to event notifications based on your product, region, event, and language preferences. Users who configure their subscription preferences are notified of relevant product incident and maintenance events as soon as they are opened, updated, or closed. Get started at status.adobe.com/subscriptions.
New features and enhancements available today
|Faster awareness of product events
- Get informed 30 days in advance of upcoming service maintenance. This feature provides more lead time to assess the potential impact on your business operations, enabling you to implement a mitigation plan if necessary.
- Advanced notifications are available on Web/mobile/tablet surfaces and via email notifications.
|Personalize your experience based on preferred language
- Choose a preferred language for email notifications. The Self-subscription feature is now available in nineteen languages.
|Improved subscription and notification user experience
- Specify the region and event preferences in just one click for all products to which you want to subscribe.
- Get notified when Potential issues are promoted to Minor or Major ones.
- The browser page automatically refreshes when any product or event status is updated.
Experience Cloud interface and core services
Release update: February 26, 2016
New features and fixes in the Experience Cloud interface, including administration and core services (customer attributes, audiences, triggers, cookies, and so on).
|Admin Tool - view user details
||Administrators can view a sortable and filterable list of all Experience Cloud users and their details in the new Admin Tool. User details include a user’s product access, roles, and last accessed information. See Experience Cloud Admin Tool help for details.
- Customer Attributes: Customer Attributes UI now displays additional statuses of profiles synced in Target. (MCUI-10231)
- Triggers Core Service: Due to lack of use, the propensity score “Likelihood to Return in 30 days” when creating an Abandonment type trigger has been removed. (MCUI-10056)
Unified product domain
Adobe is updating the domain and interface header to unify and improve your experience across all Experience Cloud applications. These enhancements are designed to simplify your experience in small but important ways. These enhancements will not change your current workflows.
- New solution URLs:
- All products will eventually adopt this URL pattern. Look for new URLs to become effective throughout the month.
- Browser support: Supported browsers include Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera (latest versions). Note: Although the Experience Cloud interface supports these browsers, individual solutions might not support every browser. (For example, Analytics does not support Opera, and Target does not support Safari.)
- (Safari only) The domain change may cause cookie issues in Safari. Deselecting Prevent cross-site tracking in the Safari Privacy Preferences enables cookies across domains (and all cross-site experiences), and allows Experience Cloud to function on this new domain.
- Easier switching between your organizations or to a different application.
- Improved product help: Experience League is integrated into the product so that a help search also includes results from community forums and video content. This change simplifies access to more content and helps you get the most out of Experience Cloud. Additionally, click Help > Feedback to report issues or share your ideas with Adobe.
- Improved notifications: The Notifications drop-down menu now has two tabs, one for your own product notifications and one for global product announcements.
Note: The Feed page is being deprecated in January, 2020. Look for an in-product deprecation notice.
For product documentation, see Experience Cloud.
Release notes for the Experience Platform, Experience Platform Launch, Identity Service, and security bulletins.
Experience Platform Launch
See Experience Platform Launch for release notes and product documentation.
Using Adobe Experience Platform, orchestrate individual customer journeys at scale across experience channels by intelligently anticipating every individual’s needs in real time, wherever their journey takes them.
Documentation - Release Notes - How-to videos
Mobile Services and Mobile SDKs
February 4, 2020: Version 4.19.0
The following update was made in this release:
Lifecycle: Added a new API,
pauseCollectingLifecycleData, to mitigate the abnormal session length data that was reported from some old iOS devices.
New features and fixes in Adobe Analytics:
For product documentation, see Adobe Analytics Help Home.
New features, enhancements, and fixes in Adobe Analytics
- New Workspace template for organizations using Cross-Device Analytics: This template shows how effective CDA is at stitching visits together and educates you on CDA-exclusive dimensions and metrics. A report suite using CDA is required. See Setting up Cross-Device Analytics for more information.
- CDA stitching latency for organizations using the Private Graph is reduced to one day: Private Graph functionality has been enhanced to reduce graph generation latency from a weekly batch process to a daily refreshed graph, allowing CDA customers to access more up to date identity graphs and linkages.
- Labs (Technology Previews): This new Analytics feature lets you test new feature prototypes in production and provide valuable feedback to Adobe. Learn more…
- New hotkeys in Workspace:
- Collapse/Expand All panels:
alt + m
- Collapse/Expand Active panel:
alt + ctrl + m
- Search left rail:
ctrl + /
- Move to next panel:
alt + Right Key
- Move to previous panel:
alt + Left Key
- Other Workspace enhancements:
- When a panel or visualization is dropped into Workspace, the left rail auto-switches to components for a more seamless workflow.
- Template components can now be actioned upon (e.g. tagged, marked as favorite, approved).
- Filtered metric and segment lists offer the
+ button to add a new component if you don’t find what you need.
- The Workspace debugger has been added to the Help menu, giving you a more seamless way to enable it for debugging Workspace requests. Learn more…
- Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser: This release includes changes to recognize the Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser (version 79 and above) for reporting purposes.
- Fixed an issue with Segment UI saying that Marketing Channel dimensions were compatible with Data Warehouse, when in reality they are not. In the future, the Segment Builder will no longer show these dimensions as being Data Warehouse compatible. (AN-202297)
- Fixed an issue with the name of a published segment that was updated in Analytics not getting updated in Audience Manager within 24 hours. (AN-199974)
Important notices for Analytics administrators
||Date Added or Updated
|New Adobe Analytics domain
||Dec. 18, 2019
||On January 16, 2020, Adobe Analytics began moving to a new domain -
Note: This change applies to all users accessing Analytics with their Adobe ID or Enterprise ID.
- The domain change may cause cookie issues when loading Analytics in Safari. Deselecting Prevent cross-site tracking in the Safari Privacy Preferences enables cookies across domains (and all cross-site experiences), and allows Analytics to function on this new Adobe Experience Cloud domain. You can use other browsers without issue because this affects only Safari users.
- The domain change may cause Activity Map to stop working for some customers in specific cases.
|End of Life - Analytics Legacy APIs
||January 9, 2020
||In November 2020, the following Analytics Legacy API services will reach their end-of-life and will be shutdown. Current integrations built using these services will stop working.
We have provided a Legacy API EOL FAQ to help answer your questions and provide guidance on how to proceed. API integrations that employ these services can migrate to the 1.4 Analytics REST APIs or the 2.0 Analytics APIs. Legacy OAuth accounts can migrate to an Adobe IO Analytics integration account, which can be used to access both the 1.4 Analytics APIs and 2.0 Analytics APIs.
- 1.3 Analytics APIs
- 1.4 SOAP Analytics APIs
- Legacy OAuth Authentication (OAuth and JWT)
|EOL of View Archive option
||Oct. 30, 2019
||Announcing the January, 2020, end-of-life date for the View Archive option in the Dashboard Manager (Components > Dashboards).
|EOL of Enforce IP Login Restrictions option
||Oct. 30, 2019
||Announcing the January, 2020, end-of-life date for the IP Allowed List (Enforce IP Login Restrictions) functionality under the Admin > Company Settings > Security menu.
|End of Support for TLS 1.1
||October 3, 2019
||By March 31, 2020, Adobe Analytics will remove support for TLS 1.1. This change is part of our ongoing efforts to maintain the highest security standards and promote the safety of customer data.
|San Jose FTP Broker Ending for London and Singapore
||For customers in London and Singapore, we will no longer be supporting brokering of data between London or Singapore and the San Jose data center ftp.omniture.com.
|Upcoming change regarding
createDate field for Analytics users
|August 30, 2019
||In October or November 2019, the
createDate field for Analytics users was updated from US Pacific Time to a correctly formatted date and time value with time zone information.(AN-183468)
Fixes and features added to Audience Manager.
New features, enhancements, and fixes in Audience Manager
|Activity Usage Reporting
||The Activity Usage Report helps you view and track the activity usage of your Audience Manager instance, giving you a clear idea of how your activity usage compares to your contractual commitment.
Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed a bug causing the destination creation flow to break the UI for Integrated Accounts selection (AAM-52414).
- Fixed a bug causing the UI to break when when navigating through the Algorithmic Models creation flow (AAM-37942).
- Fixed a bug causing the Data Export selection not to be saved when saving Data Export Controls for new or existing destinations, for customers using the Adobe Experience Platform integration (AAM-52814).
- Fixed a bug causing third party trait recommendations to work incorrectly for traits which contain pipe characters (
|) in the name (AAM-51635).
- Multiple accessibility improvements throughout the UI.
New features, fixes, and updates in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM). Adobe recommends customers with on-premise deployments to deploy the latest patches to ensure higher stability, security, and performance.
Adobe Campaign provides an intuitive, automated way to deliver one-to-one messages across online and offline marketing channels. You can now anticipate what your clients want using experiences determined by their habits and preferences.
Updated February 10, 2020, for February 8 release
||You can now add Yahoo! Japan Display Network (YDN) campaigns to portfolios to optimize the campaign budgets and ad group-level bids. The same bid is applied to all ads in an ad group. Data for YDN campaigns is included in the simulations for the portfolio.
|Search > Bulksheets
||You can now create, edit, and delete Google responsive search ads (RSAs) using bulksheets. Previously, support was available only through the standard campaign management interface at Search > Campaigns
|Search > Campaigns, Reports
||The Google Ads prominence metrics
Impr. (Abs. Top) % and
Impr. (Top) % are now available in all basic reports and entity-level campaign management views except for those for shopping product groups, in the Campaign Daily Impression Share and Keyword Daily Impression Share reports, and in the labels and constraints views.
For Magento release notes, see:
Marketo Engage is a complete solution for lead management and B2B marketers looking to transform customer experiences by engaging across every stage of complex buying journeys.
Core Marketo Engage updates
Release date: February 21, 2020
- Microsoft Dynamics Change Owner in Microsoft Flow Action: Change a lead or contact owner directly from Marketo Engage.
- Enhancements to API calls:
- User management APIs
- Custom object schema APIs
- Landing page redirect rules APIs
- Form Descriptor Caching: Improvements to Landing Pages & Forms.
See Marketo release notes for February 2020 for more information.
The following features are releasing throughout the quarter:
- New account-based segmentation
- Save dashboard-specific filters
- Export Bizible dashboards as PDFs
||Compose Window and Command Center updates/enhancements
Marketo Engage Success Center: Launching in February 2020. The Success Center is an in-product help center that enables you to search Product Docs and the Community, launch how-to guides, access adoption content, and more. Note: This feature will be launched as a beta in ANZ and will roll out to North America later in the quarter.
- Asset API “_method” Parameter: After September 2020, Asset API Endpoints will no longer accept “_method” to pass Query Parameters in a POST body to bypass URI length limitations.
- Internet Explorer Support Deprecation: Beginning with the July release on July 31, 2020, the Marketo Engage user interface will no longer be supported on Internet Explorer.
For cumulative and historical release notes, see Marketo release notes.