Live master-manifest update
Browser TVSDK can detect changed playback information in master m3u8 manifests for live streaming and update the playback information while the stream is playing. Browser TVSDK supports a dynamic set of bit rate profiles as the profiles appear or disappear from the master manifest, including non-overlapping profile bit rates between updates.
The following features are supported:
- Profile count (increasing or decreasing)
- Profile bit rates (overlapping or not overlapping)
- Profiles with URLs on the same (or different) servers
- Any failover structure
All of the following conditions must be met:
- Stream is live.
- Both the time and the etag change.
- All rendition information remains the same (except that URLs may vary).
- The DRM access information remains the same.
- Segments are packaged around the same PTS and frame boundaries in a small error range.