1.1 Understanding Adobe Experience Platform Data Collection
Adobe Experience Platform Data Collection is used by brands for a number of use cases. It is a next generation Tag Management System (TMS) that gives customers a simple way to deploy and manage all of the analytics, marketing and advertising solutions necessary to power relevant customer experiences. There is no additional charge for Adobe Experience Platform Data Collection and it’s available for any Adobe Experience Cloud customer. A brand could use Adobe Experience Platform Data Collection to:
- Implement Adobe Experience Cloud applications as well as Adobe Experience Platform.
- Manage the different requirements of different parts of the organization by providing each with their own Property to manage.
- Allow for testing and lifecycle management.
Explore the UI
Go to Adobe Experience Platform Data Collection.
Go to Tags. Youre now seeing the Properties view. Properties listed here are for tutorial management. These properties represent…
- App and Web properties
- Different websites serving customers in different ways. For example Luma Retail would have one property, Luma Travel would have another
- Legacy as well as current websites
- A specific Adobe Analytics design common to multiple differing websites
- Internal intranet pages alongside external sites
Now, take a look at the left rail.
- Tags gives an overview of all client-side properties
- App Configurations gives an overview of all App Configurations to enable Push Notifications (which is used/enabled in combination with Project Sierra)
- Datastreams are explored in the next exercise
- Event Forwarding gives an overview of all server-side properties which are explored in Module 21 - Data Collection & Real-time Server Side Forwarding with Launch
- Identities gives you an overview of all available identity namespaces
- Schemas gives you an overview of all available XDM schemas, along with the ability to create and update XDM schemas
Adobe Experience Platform Data Collection is a very advanced tool that has scope beyond an Adobe Experience Platform tutorial. Organizations might not use Adobe Experience Platform Data Collection for its tag management capabilities and instead use non-Adobe tag management solutions for injecting code and managing tags. Using a non-Adobe tag management solution is supported by Adobe and Adobe Professional Services. In this Comprehensive Technical Tutorial for Adobe Experience Platform, you’ll also learn how to use for instance Google Tag Manager to ingest data into Adobe Experience Platform, as part of Module 9. Data Ingestion using Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics.
Some further reading for those interested in understanding Adobe Experience Platform Data Collection further are included below.
Next Step: 1.2 Edge Network, Datastreams and Server Side Data Collection
Go Back to Module 1
Go Back to All Modules