Chat offers several features to encourage a rapid and engaging dialog.
To encourage a rapid and engaging dialog, Chat differs from other Livefyre Apps in the following ways:
- The Comment Editor is pre-populated with the text “Press command+enter to post.”
- Users respond to the Chat as a whole, rather than a specific Comment, therefore there is no Reply button, and no Threading in Comments.
- Users are not offered the option to follow Chats, and the Comment Notifier is disabled.
- Email notifications automatically default to OFF.
- User avatars are smaller than those used with Comments.
- The Like button appears only when hovering over a comment.
- The Likes on a comment appear without avatars, only the number of Likes.
- The stream width can be reduced to 250 pixels.