Create an exchange listing for an extension
Adobe Experience Platform Launch is being rebranded as a suite of data collection technologies in Experience Platform. These changes will be rolling out across all product documentation in the coming weeks. Please refer to the following document for a consolidated reference of the terminology changes.
Adobe Experience Platform Launch has a single catalog where users can view extensions that are available for installation. This catalog is available within the product and contains extensions of three types:
- Public extensions - These are completed extensions designed for production use by any user.
- Private extensions - These are completed extensions designed for production, but were developed by other users in your company and are only available to users within your company.
- Development extensions - These extensions are under active development and are only available within your company and only on a property that is specifically designated as a Development property.
Separate from the extensions in the product catalog, some extensions also have listings in the Experience Cloud Exchange Marketplace.
These listings enable extension developers to post descriptions of functionality, provide links to additional support and documentation, and to market extensions to prospective users who may not be aware of your company or the functionality of your extension. In this marketplace, your extension will have a public listing that can be viewed without the user being authenticated to Platform Launch. Many developers find it beneficial to develop an Exchange listing, but this is not a required step.
If you do not have a company to upload and test your extension package, you should register for the Exchange program and begin a listing. This will trigger the creation of a company account (it takes some time, you’ll get an email when this is completed) that you can use to upload and test your extension. You do not ever have to make the listing public.
If you already have a company account, or if you do not plan on ever completing your listing, you can skip the rest of this step and proceed to uploading and testing your extension.
Create a listing
In the Exchange system, you’re creating an “application” listing which is what they call various integrations, including Platform Launch extensions.
- Sign in to the Exchange Partner site. Once signed in, select the App Manager link next to your name.
- Select the Create New Application tab, and then select “Create New App” for a customized solution, or select an applicable template.
- Provide your listing information. For detailed information on App Manager check out the full article. We suggest being very clear about what your extension does and why someone might want to use it. This is your marketing space, please feel free to promote your extension here with clear descriptions, links to landing pages on your site, links to help docs or support email addresses, etc. While you have limited space in your extension views, this Exchange listing is your chance to really promote your extension, and your company. Here are a few quick tips to get started:
- App Icon – Make sure the icon for the Exchange listing has the appropriate dimensions, 512 x 512 for png or 1:1 aspect ratio for jpg. Note: this is a different file format than you’ll use in your extension code. The extension itself will contain an svg file as the icon.
- Featured Image - Get their attention! Use an image that can stand alone and will show your brand and highlight your application (your Platform Launch extension). The Featured Image is the one shown when someone shares a link to your Exchange listing or posts about it on the socials, so it needs to be a model representation of your brand.
- App Publisher’s Logo - This is your corporate logo, make sure the icon has the appropriate dimensions of 1280 x 720, or 2560 x 1440 (16:9) in png or jpg format.
- Configuration Instructions – Tell customers how to configure your extension in Platform Launch. Make sure they understand any required settings and next steps when your configuration view appears immediately after installing your extension in a property.
- Tags - On the first page of editing your listing, please be sure to include the word “Launch” in the ‘Custom Tags’ field. This will make your listing appear in searches for Platform Launch in the Exchange marketplace:
- Sandboxes - Your access to Adobe Solutions is through what we call a Sandbox account. You get access to fully functioning versions of Platform Launch, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target, etc. These Sandbox accounts are requested as you create your application listing. In the Connections section select the specific connections that are applicable for the application you created (your Platform Launch extension), and when you hit Save, the sandbox request will be generated if needed.
- Submit your listing! The Adobe Exchange team will review your application and provide feedback if updates are required. If you mark the “publish immediately” checkbox when you submit your listing, it will be published immediately upon approval. If you want to publish your application at a later time, leave the checkbox unchecked and when your extension listing is approved, a blue “Publish” button will appear next to it on your app (extension) listings page.
Create an effective listing
Please take a look at the App Submission Guideline for detailed information on how to create the most engaging listing. No, really - you should check out that guide.
After submitting your Exchange listing
Once submitted, the Adobe Exchange team will review the application and will either approve the application, or respond with comments about changes. This process is detailed in the App Submission Guidelines.
If you don’t have a login to the Exchange site, make sure that your email is registered for the Exchange program by following the instructions in the Program Registration Guide. Even if your company is registered, each user still has to associate their email with the partner account for the company. For questions on this process, email ExchangeHelpEC@adobe.com.
Update your Exchange listing after initial approval
When you update your extension, or just need to update your Exchange listing, login to the Partner Portal, and select the App Manager button next to your name. Then select your application and follow the flow above that was initially used to create the listing. Once re-submitted, the Adobe Exchange team will review the changes and will either approve the changes, or respond with comments about the changes.
Link your extension package to your listing
After your listing has been approved and is publicly available, we recommend that you provide a link to the public listing in the
exchange_url field of the
extension.json file within your extension package. This will create a “More Info” link within the Platform Launch extension catalog so users within the product can find your listing and it’s extra information.