Using Source File Translation with AEM Assets
Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Assets lets you identify assets that share common attributes and mark them as related using the new Related Assets feature. It also lets users define a source/derived relationship between assets, making it easy for users to identify the origin of an asset. Running translation workflow on a derived asset fetches any asset that the source file references and includes it for translation, thereby reducing the efforts to maintain multi-site.
Multisite Asset Source File Management
Related Assets helps users to manage better, cross-link assets with shared traits, properties and streamline workflows:
- New Related Assets capability to manually relate assets with similar characteristics or belonging to same campaign or project
- User can view related files for an asset under view properties. A user can navigate to the related files from the view properties window.
- If properties of two related assets have changed, users can un-relate these assets using the Un-Relate option.
- When you try to delete a related asset, you get a warning message, if it has other related assets.
- Running a translation workflow on a derived related asset, adds the related source files to the translation workflow, making it easy for multi-site management.