About administration and process terminology
To administer forms workflow effectively, you should understand the following terms and the hierarchy of the elements:
- Process categories organize processes into logical groups.
- Processes represent the business processes that are automated. At least one process should exist for each business process implemented.
- A process diagram is the visual representation of the business process that is being automated.
- A process instance is a process that has been initiated by a user (such as completing and submitting a form) or an automated step. There may be multiple instances of a process.
- An operation is one step of a process diagram, which is represented in Workbench by an icon in the process diagram.
- A task is an action that has been assigned to a user. When the task is run and the operation is executed, the User service assigns a task to a user.
For more information about these terms, see Workbench Help.