Working with Workflows
AEM Workflows allows you to automate a series of steps that are performed on (one or more) pages and/or assets.
For example, when publishing, an editor has to review the content - before a site administrator activates the page. A workflow that automates this example notifies each participant when it is time to perform their required work:
- The author applies the workflow to the page.
- The editor receives a work item that indicates that they are required to review the page content. When finished, they indicate that their work item is complete.
- The site administrator then receives a work item that requests the activation of the page. When finished, they indicate that their work item is complete.
- Content authors apply workflows to pages as well as participate in workflows.
- The workflows that you use are specific to the business processes of your organization.
The following pages cover: