Adobe Experience Manager: How to reset a local user password
Administrator users can reset a local user password if the password is lost or forgotten.
This article describes how to reset the password for the local user.
The procedure for resetting a password for a local user is as follows.
- Log in to AEM as admin user or a local user belonging to administrators/user-administrators groups.
- Select menu under Tools > Security > Users
- Select the target user
- Select Properties from the Actions Toolbar
- Select the Change Password button
- Fill in the followings in the dialog and select the Save button
- New password : Enter new password
- Retype Password : Enter the same password
- Your Password : Enter your user password
- Select Save & Close in the header section
This article does not cover procedures for external authentication by LDAP or SAML.