When trying to send an email that contains the quotation mark « » used for the German language, the user that receives the email sees " " instead of « ». Also, it seems that in the preview of the delivery we have the same behavior.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to AC interface and create a new delivery
2. Put the « » characters in the content of the delivery
3. Click on preview of the delivery to see that the « » are replaced with " ".
4. Send the email to a user.
5. Observe that also in the email content the « » are replaced by " "
You need to replace « » with escape codes « » and it will work and the characters will render correctly.