Changes made through the API not reflecting on Target

Description

We are currently evaluating Target Admin API features, But do not see the results reflected in the Target interface.

Examples:

  1. Update Activity name

We have sent PUT request to /{tenant}/target/activities/{id}/name

Response in Postman shows successful execution

Also, we see updated Name „API Test Activity CHANGED“ by sending GET: /{tenant}/target/activities

But in Target we still see the old name „API Test Activity“, Although changelog shows that activity was updated at the time of postman request

  1. Update Offer by ID

We have sent PUT request to /{tenant}/target/offers/content/

Response in Postman shows successful execution

But in Target we still see the old code, and offer info does not show date of Postman request

Resolution

For activities that are created on UI and updated via API, then activity name is not reflected on UI. All other fields in activity are updated in UI.

For offers that are created on UI and updated via API, none of the fields are reflected on UI. Support for offer update via API created from UI is not yet available.

For resources (activities/audiences/offers/) created outside Target UI have no such restriction.

On this page