The latest release notes for Adobe Dynamic Media Classic – part of the Adobe Experience Manager solution in the Adobe Experience Cloud.
Dynamic Media Release Notes
The latest release notes for Adobe Dynamic Media Classic-part of the Adobe Experience Manager solution in the Adobe Experience Cloud.
Adobe is excited to announce the availability of HTTP/2 delivery of content with the overall benefit of improved performance.
See HTTP2 Delivery of Content FAQ.
Scene7 Publishing System
For complete documentation, see https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/dynamic-media-classic/using/intro/introduction.html#intro
New features, enhancements, and bug fixes
- Removed video recut feature from Adobe Scene7 Publishing System user interface.
- Added authentication to all Scene7 servlets where necessary and possible.
- Bug fix involving the List View in the Trash Can.
- Removed Create SPSAdmin user feature from User Management because of security concerns.
- FTP WebAdmin now supports OKTA authentication.
- Removed the feature of the default password that got created for new Media Portal users.
- Bug fix involving the temporary password that was generated when a new user was added. The password did not fulfill the necessary password requirements.
- Resolved issues of WebAdmin root disk full.
- Bug fix involving the disabling of a user not being reflected immediately in the user interface.
- Bug fix involving the deletion of a user which did not let you re-create the user later.
- Bug fix involving the Welcome email sent to new Scene7 users that did not include authentication to control certain settings.
- Bug fix involving the failure to retrieve an FTP folder list if any folder had special characters in its name.
- Configure OKTA service providers for Scene7 environments.
- Added support for Experience Cloud Org ID for Viewer Analytics.
- Implemented Scene7 SAML consumer.
Viewers (Image Serving 5.8.1)
For complete documentation, see Viewers Reference Guide.
New features for Image Serving 5.8.1
- Keyboard accessibility in HTML5 Basic Zoom viewer, Flyout viewer, Mixed Media viewer, Spin viewer, Zoom viewer, Video viewer, Carousel viewer, Interactive Image viewer, and Interactive Video viewer.
- Added video buffering icon to Video viewer, Mixed Media viewer, and Interactive Video viewer.
- The value “native” of “playback” modifier is deprecated. Use the new value “progressive” instead.
- Added support for inline video playback on iPhone devices.
- Added support for external video playback to Video viewer.
- Improved swatches scroll behavior on touch devices.
- Added support for devices with both mouse and touch input running Internet Explorer 11 and Edge browser.
- Added ability to specify both left and right page with
initialframe parameter in portrait mode on mobile devices in eCatalog viewer.
Bug fixes for Image Serving 5.8.1
- Keyboard tabbing did not get focus on video controls.
- In eCatalogs, single/double page layout displayed incorrectly on some devices.
Known issues and restrictions
The Image Serving modifiers from
iscommands are not added to the
req=set request by design. Modifiers that only affect image display work fine. Modifiers affecting size must be used in a complex asset. For example,
[Flyout] IE9 sometimes remains on screen after mouse off.
Browser scaling leads to wrong resizing.
iPad 2: Large eCatalog assets crash Safari on iOS.
- Watermarks, obfuscation, and locking are not supported.
- Image presets are not supported.
- Adding or removing viewer from the DOM using
display:none CSS or by dynamically detaching it from the parent node is not currently supported.
HTML5 All Viewers
- Embedding viewer in table may result in incorrect sizing or placement of viewer in non-native fullscreen mode. Suggest using DIVs instead.
- Parameters with explicit instance names in the code require instance names in the URL as well to be overwritten (for example,
- Image Serving command crop is not currently supported.
- The Close button works only if the viewer is open in the child window.
iscommands modifier does not support Image Serving modifiers that affect image size.
- Navigating to other HTML page and returning occasionally causes viewer to reset back to first page.
- Page layout occasionally displays incorrectly after rotating iOS device. Zooming into page corrects layout.
- Internal links only to leftmost page in multi-page spreads. Affects mobile devices in portrait mode.
- Due to browser limitations, print feature is not available in IE9.
- Soundtrack play is not supported.
- To render thumbnails properly in outgoing email, the
serverurl modifier must have an absolute URL.
- The poster image may encounter “max size” error. Company must increase limit setting for Image Serving Publish.
- Video captions require a company ruleset if hosting the HTML page is served from an external server (not a Dynamic Media server). Contact Adobe Support for assistance.
- Analytics tracking may report incorrect play percentage due to buffering.
- Black frame instead of poster image may show on iPad or Android™ devices.
- Black frame may flash on screen during viewer load on iPad or Android™ devices.
- Black borders are shown on side of VideoPlayer component when background is set to white/transparent on iPad devices.
- Last frame of video may be distorted on iPad using iOS 7.
- Occasional macroblocking may occur during video seek in HLS streaming mode in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer browsers.
- Poster image may not show in Microsoft® Edge browser for the first time visitor.
- Poster image may hide after video load in Internet Explorer 9 when progressive playback is used.
Dynamic Media Image Serving 6.3.2 and Image Rendering 6.3.2
- IC utility -
downsample2x2 flag is no longer supported. This flag was a poor quality 2x2 downsampler that is no longer used by IPS.
- CORS header - Currently, the CORS header is configured for