The latest release notes for Adobe Dynamic Media Classic–part of the Adobe Experience Manager solution in the Adobe Experience Cloud.
Dynamic Media Release Notes
The latest release notes for Adobe Dynamic Media Classic-part of the Adobe Experience Manager solution in the Adobe Experience Cloud.
Adobe is excited to announce the availability of HTTP/2 delivery of content with the overall benefit of improved performance.
See HTTP2 Delivery of Content FAQ.
Scene7 Publishing System
For complete documentation, see http://help.adobe.com/en_US/scene7/using/index.html
New features, enhancements, and bug fixes
- Removed video recut feature from Adobe Scene7 Publishing System user interface.
- Added authentication to all Scene7 servlets where necessary and possible.
- Bug fix involving the List View in the Trash Can.
- Removed Create SPSAdmin user feature from User Management because of security concerns.
- FTP WebAdmin now supports OKTA authentication.
- Removed the feature of the default password that got created for new Media Portal users.
- Bug fix involving the temporary password that was generated when a new user was added. The password did not fulfill necessary password requirements.
- Resolved issues of WebAdmin root disk full.
- Bug fix involving the disabling of a user not being reflected immediately in the user interface.
- Bug fix involving the deletion of a user which did not let you re-create the user later.
- Bug fix involving the Welcome email sent to new Scene7 users that did not include authentication to control certain settings.
- Bug fix involving the failure to retrieve an FTP folder list if any folder had special characters in its name.
- Configure OKTA service providers for Scene7 environments.
- Added support for Marketing Cloud Org ID for Viewer Analytics.
- Implemented Scene7 SAML consumer.
Viewers (Image Serving 5.8.1)
For complete documentation, see Viewers Reference Guide.
New features for Image Serving 5.8.1
- Keyboard accessibility in HTML5 Basic Zoom viewer, Flyout viewer, Mixed Media viewer, Spin viewer, Zoom viewer, Video viewer, Carousel viewer, Interactive Image viewer, and Interactive Video viewer.
- Added video buffering icon to Video viewer, Mixed Media viewer, and Interactive Video viewer.
- The value “native” of “playback” modifier is deprecated. Use the new value “progressive” instead.
- Added support for inline video playback on iPhone devices.
- Added support for external video playback to Video viewer.
- Improved swatches scroll behavior on touch devices.
- Added support for devices with both mouse and touch input running Internet Explorer 11 and Edge browser.
- Added ability to specify both left and right page with
initialframe parameter in portrait mode on mobile devices in eCatalog viewer.
Bug fixes for Image Serving 5.8.1
- Keyboard tabbing did not get focus on video controls.
- In eCatalogs, single/double page layout displayed incorrectly on some devices.
Known issues and restrictions
The Image Serving modifiers from
iscommands are not added to the
req=set request by design. Modifiers that only affect image display work fine. Modifiers affecting size must be used in a complex asset. For example,
[Flyout] IE9 sometimes remains on screen after mouse off.
Browser scaling leads to wrong resizing.
iPad 2: Big eCatalog asset will crash Safari on iOS.
- Watermarks, obfuscation, and locking are not supported.
- Image presets are not supported.
- Adding or removing viewer from the DOM using
display:none CSS or by dynamically detaching it from the parent node is not supported at this time.
HTML5 All Viewers
- Embedding viewer in table may result in incorrect sizing or placement of viewer in non-native fullscreen mode. Suggest using DIVs instead.
- Parameters with explicit instance names in the code require instance names in the URL as well to be overwritten (for example,
- Image Serving command crop is not supported at this time.
- The Close button works only if the viewer is open in the child window.
iscommands modifier does not support Image Serving modifiers that affect image size.
- Navigating to other HTML page and returning occasionally causes viewer to reset back to first page.
- Page layout occasionally displays incorrectly after rotating iOS device. Zooming into page corrects layout.
- Internal links only to leftmost page in multi-page spreads. Affects mobile devices in portrait mode.
- Due to browser limitations, print feature is not available in IE9.
- Soundtrack play is currently not supported.
- To render thumbnails properly in outgoing email the
serverurl modifier must have an absolute URL.
- The poster image may encounter “max size” error. Company may need to increase limit setting for Image Serving Publish.
- Video captions require a company ruleset if hosting the HTML page is served from an external server (not a Dynamic Media server). Contact Adobe Support for assistance.
- Analytics tracking may report incorrect play percentage due to buffering
- Black frame instead of poster image may show on iPad or Android devices.
- Black frame may flash on screen during viewer load on iPad or Android devices.
- Black borders are shown on side of VideoPlayer component when background is set to white/transparent on iPad devices.
- Last frame of video may be distorted on iPad using iOS 7.
- Occasional macroblocking may occur during video seek in HLS streaming mode in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers.
- Poster image may not show in Microsoft Edge browser for the first time visitor.
- Poster image may hide after video load in Internet Explorer 9 when progressive playback is used.
Dynamic Media Image Serving 6.3.2 and Image Rendering 6.3.2
- IC utility -
downsample2x2 flag is no longer supported. This flag was a poor quality 2x2 downsampler that is no longer used by IPS.
- CORS header - Currently, the CORS header is configured for