Viewers release notes (5.13.1)
The package includes the following:
New features and enhancements for 5.13.1
- Added support for integration with Adobe Launch Dynamic Media Viewers extension.
- Added support for VR operation mode in Oculus Browser for Video360Viewer.
RolloverKeyEvent.HREF_ACTIVATED event to allow client code to respond to image map activation in eCatalogViewer, and eCatalogSearchViewer.
Bug fixes for 5.13.1
- Resolved incorrect long video duration displays.
- Resolved issue where on full screen view, the page scrolled on Apple devices (running on iOS 12 and later).
Known issues and restrictions for 5.13.1
The Image Serving modifiers from IS commands are not added to the
req=set request by design. However, modifiers that only affect image display work fine. Modifiers affecting size must be used in a complex asset. For example:
Scaling the browser window leads to incorrect resizing.
iPad 2 - Large eCatalog assets crash Safari on iOS.
- Watermarks, obfuscation, and locking are not supported.
- Image presets are not supported.
- Adding or removing viewer from the DOM using
display:none CSS or by dynamically detaching it from the parent node is not supported.
HTML5 all viewers
- Embedding a viewer in a table may result in incorrect sizing or placement of the viewer in non-native full-screen mode. Adobe recommends you use DIVs instead.
- Parameters with explicit instance names in the code require instance names in the URL as well to be overwritten (for example,
- Image Serving command
crop is not supported.
- Close button only works if the viewer is open in a child window.
- IS commands modifier does not support Image Serving modifiers that affect image size.
- Navigating to other HTML page and then returning occasionally causes the viewer to reset back to the first page.
- Page layout occasionally displays incorrectly after rotating the iOS device. Zooming into the page corrects the layout.
- Internal links only to left-most page in multi-page spreads. Affects mobile devices in portrait mode.
HTML5 Mixed Media
- Soundtrack play is not supported.
- To render thumbnails properly in outgoing email, the
serverurl modifier must have an absolute URL.
- The poster image may encounter a
max size error. You may need to increase the limit setting for Image Serving Publish.
- Video captions require a company rule set if the hosting HTML page is served from an external server (not a Dynamic Media server). Contact technical support for assistance.
- Analytics tracking may report incorrect play percentage due to buffering.
- On iPad or Android devices, a black frame may show instead of a poster image.
- On iPad or Android devices, a black frame may flash onscreen during the loading of the viewer.
- On iPad devices, black borders are shown on the side of the VideoPlayer component when the background is set to white/transparent.
- On iPad, using iOS 7, the last frame of video may be distorted.
- On Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer browsers, occasional macro blocking may occur during video seek in HLS streaming mode.
- The poster image may not show in the Microsoft Edge browser for the first time visitor.
- When progressive playback is used, the poster image may hide after the video loads in Internet Explorer 9.