Viewers release notes (5.14.1)
Adobe Dynamic Media Viewers
The package includes the following:
Adobe Experience Manager Dynamic Media Viewers
HTML5 Viewers for mobile only (legacy, using 2.4 s7sdk)
New features and enhancements for 5.14.1
- DimensionalViewer for 3D preview and delivery.
- Improved smart video cropping in SmartCropVideoViewer when running in embedded mode.
- Added support for high-resolution screens for FlyoutViewer, ZoomVerticalViewer, and MixedMediaViewer (when using inline zoom).
Known issues and restrictions for 5.13.1
The Image Serving modifiers from IS commands are not added to the
req=set request by design. However, modifiers that only affect image display work fine. Modifiers affecting size must be used in a complex asset. For example:
Scaling the browser window leads to incorrect resizing.
iPad 2 - Large eCatalog assets crash Safari on iOS.
- Watermarks, obfuscation, and locking are not supported.
- Image presets are not supported.
- Adding or removing viewer from the DOM using
display:none CSS or by dynamically detaching it from the parent node is not supported.
HTML5 all viewers
- Embedding a viewer in a table may result in incorrect sizing or placement of the viewer in non-native full-screen mode. Adobe recommends you use DIVs instead.
- Parameters with explicit instance names in the code require instance names in the URL as well to be overwritten (for example,
- Image Serving command
crop is not supported.
- Close button only works if the viewer is open in a child window.
- IS commands modifier does not support Image Serving modifiers that affect image size.
- Navigating to other HTML page and then returning occasionally causes the viewer to reset back to the first page.
- Page layout occasionally displays incorrectly after rotating the iOS device. Zooming into the page corrects the layout.
- Internal links only to left-most page in multi-page spreads. Affects mobile devices in portrait mode.
HTML5 Mixed Media
- Soundtrack play is not supported.
- To render thumbnails properly in outgoing email, the
serverurl modifier must have an absolute URL.
- The poster image may encounter a
max size error. In such case, you must increase the limit setting for Image Serving Publish.
- Video captions require a company rule set if the hosting HTML page is served from an external server (not a Dynamic Media server). Contact technical support for assistance.
- Analytics tracking may report incorrect play percentage due to buffering.
- On iPad or Android™ devices, a black frame may show instead of a poster image.
- On iPad or Android™ devices, a black frame may flash onscreen during the loading of the viewer.
- On iPad devices, black borders are shown on the side of the VideoPlayer component when the background is set to white/transparent.
- On iPad, using iOS 7, the last frame of video may be distorted.
- On Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer browsers, occasional macro blocking may occur during video seek in HLS streaming mode.
- The poster image may not show in the Microsoft® Edge browser for the first time visitor.
- When progressive playback is used, the poster image may hide after the video loads in Internet Explorer 9.