Writing guidance for Adobe Documentation
These guidelines apply whether you are creating new documentation or updating existing documentation.
Please do the following:
- Check the spelling and grammar in your articles.
- Use a friendly tone.
- Use simple sentences. They are easier to understand and translate into other languages.
Keep the following in mind when writing documentation.
- Write concisely: Don’t waste words. Keep sentences short and concise. Keep your article focused. Keep the number of notes to a minimum.
- Focus on the audience and purpose: Before you begin writing, clearly determine who the customer is and what task he or she is trying to accomplish. Write your article to help that customer do that task.
- Use examples: Provide examples to explain concepts.
- Organize your content: Create sections to divide instructions into more manageable groups of steps. Use a screenshot when it adds clarity.