Best practices for configuring Product variations
For best performance, configure a maximum of 50 variations per product.
Affected products and versions
All supported versions of:
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure
- Adobe Commerce on-premises
Reduce the number of product variations
For best site performance, use the following strategies to reduce the number of product variations:
- Restructure the catalog by distributing the number of variations across different products.
- Remove configurable attribute options that are not in stock.
- Manage variations through alternative features like custom options, categories, related, grouped, and bundle products.
Potential performance impact
Exceeding the recommended number of product variations can affect site performance in the following ways:
- Long request and rendering times on product details and category pages containing complex products.
- Increased response time to complete Save operations in the Admin.
- Increased time to render the Product Edit form.
- Slow checkout.