For best performance, follow these best practices to configure sales and promotions for items in a shopping cart:
- Sales rules (cart price rules)–Configure no more than 1000 cart price rules for all websites
- Manage and remove unused rules.
- Add strict rule conditions (like attribute or category filter) for the most efficient matching.
- Verify that the total number of coupons in the database is less than 250,000.
- Remove unused and expired coupons.
- Generate only the number of coupons needed to meet campaign requirements.
Affected products and versions
All supported versions of:
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure
- Adobe Commerce on-premises
Potential performance impacts
Having more than the recommended maximum number of cart price rules or coupons can affect site performance in the following ways:
- Increased response time when products are added to the cart.
- Increased time to load and render the minicart.
- Increased time to render the cart page.
- Increased time to render the Totals block on the Checkout page.
- Applying coupons can take more than 2 seconds.