Extensions best practices
Adobe Commerce third-party extensions (modules) have the potential to cause various issues that can negatively impact storefront performance. You can avoid these issues by following these best practices:
- Download and purchase third-party extensions from a trusted source, like the Commerce Marketplace.
- Update all third-party extensions to the latest version.
- If you cannot keep your third-party extensions updated, consider using different extensions.
- When planning an upgrade to a new version of Adobe Commerce, verify that installed third-party extensions are compatible with the new version, and upgrade the extensions if required.
All extensions available in the Adobe Commerce Marketplace are required to maintain compatibility with new Commerce releases. See Release compatibility.
Affected products and versions
All supported versions of:
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure
- Adobe Commerce on-premises