The pipelined status web service gives information on the status of the pipelined process.
It can be accessed manually using a browser or automatically with a monitoring application.
It’s in REST format, which is described below.
This section lists the indicators in the status web service.
Recommended indicators to monitor are highlighted.
- Consumer: name of the client pulling the triggers. Configured in the pipeline option.
- last-alive-ms-ago: time in ms since a connection check was made.
- last-failed-cnx-ms-ago: time in ms since the last time the connection check failed.
- pipeline-host: name of the host where the pipeline data is pulled from.
- current-offsets: value of the pointer into the pipeline, per child thread.
- last-flush-ms-ago: time in ms since a batch of triggers was retrieved.
- next-offsets-flush: time to wait until the next batch, when finished.
- processed-since-last-flush: number of triggers processed in the last batch.
- triggers: list of triggers retrieved. Configured in the pipelined option.
- average-pointer-flush-time-ms: average processing time for one batch of triggers.
- average-trigger-processing-time-ms: average time spent parsing the triggers data.
- bytes-read: number of bytes read from the queue since the process was started.
- current-messages: current number of pending messages that have been pulled from the queue and are awaiting processing. This indicator should be close to zero.
- current-retries: current number of messages that have failed processing and are awaiting retry.
- peak-messages: maximum number of pending messages the process has been handling since it was started.
- pointer-flushes: number of batches of messages processed since the start.
- routing-JS-custom: number of messages that were processed by the custom JS.
- trigger-discarded: number of messages that were discarded after too many retries due to processing errors.
- trigger-processed: number of messages that were processed without an error.
- trigger-received: number of messages received from the queue.
These stats are displayed per processing thread.
average-trigger-processing-time-ms: average time spent parsing the triggers data.
is-JS-processor: value “1” if this thread uses the custom JS.
trigger-discarded: number of messages that were discarded after too many retries due to processing errors. This indicator should be zero.
trigger-failures: number of processing errors in the JS. This indicator should be zero.
trigger-received: number of messages received from the queue.
Settings: they are set in the config files.
- flush-pointer-msg-count: number of messages in a batch.
- flush-pointer-period-ms: time between two batches, in milliseconds.
- processing-threads-JS: number of processing threads running the custom JS.
- retry-period-ms: time between two retries when a processing error occurs.
- retry-validity-duration-ms: duration from the time processing is retried until the message is discarded.
- Pipeline messages Report
Pipeline messages report
This report displays the number of messages per hour in the last five days.