Journey Optimizer - Decision Management on the hub
To learn more about Decision Management refer to the product documentation HERE and the Decision Management Overview HERE
Adobe Decision Management is a service provided as part of Adobe Journey Optimizer. This blueprint outlines the use cases and technical capabilities of the application and provides a deep dive into the various architectural components and considerations that make up Decision Management.
Journey Optimizer is used to deliver the best offer and experience to your customers across all touch points at the right time. Decision Management makes personalization easy with a central library of marketing offers and a decision engine that applies rules and constraints to rich, real-time profiles created by Adobe Experience Platform to help you send your customers the right offer at the right time.
Decision Management can be deployed in one of two ways. The first is via the Adobe Experience Platform hub, which is a central data center architecture. In the “hub” approach offers are executed, personalized, and delivered in >500ms latency. Thus the hub architecture is best suited for customer experiences that do not demand sub-second latency, examples include offer decisions which are provided for kiosks or agent assisted experiences such as in call centers or in person interactions. Offers that are inserted into emails and outbound campaigns are also powered by the hub approach.
The second approach is via the Experience Edge Network, which is a globally distributed geographically located infrastructure to serve fast sub-second and millisecond experiences. The end consumer experience being executed by the edge infrastructure closest to the consumers geo-location to minimize latency. Decision Management on the Edge is designed to serve real-time consumer experiences such as web or mobile inbound personalization requests.
This blueprint will cover the specifics of Decision Management on the hub.
To learn more about Decision Management on the Edge refer to the Decision Management on the edge blueprint.
Use Cases for Decision Management on the hub
- Personalized offers on kiosks and in store experiences.
- Personalized offers via agent assisted experience such as to call centers or sales intereactions.
- Offers included in email, SMS, mobile push notifications or other outbound interactions.
- Provide offers to external ESP and messageing systems for delivery.
- Cross channel journey execution - offer consistency across web, mobile, email, and other interaction channels through Adobe Journey Optimizer.
Adobe Experience Platform
- Schemas and datasets must be configured in the system before you can configure Journey Optimizer data sources
- For Experience Event class-based schemas add 'Orchestration eventID field group when you want to have an event triggered that is not a rule-based event
- For Individual Profile class-based schemas add the ‘Profile test details’ field group to be able to load test profiles for use with Journey Optimizer
- For Journey Optimizer guardrails refer to the following Journey Optimizer Guardrails.
- For Decision Management guardrails refer to the following Decision Management Product Description.
- Requests per second = 2000.
- Latency of response < 500ms.
- Access to full real-time customer profile including audience memberships, attributes and experience events.
Data Ingestion Guardrails
Adobe Experience Platform
- Configure individual profile, experience event, and multi-entity schemas in Experience Platform, based on customer-supplied data.
- Create datasets in Experience Platform for data to be ingested.
- Add data usage labels in Experience Platform to the dataset for governance.
- Create policies that enforce governance on destinations.
- Create any customer-specific namespaces.
- Add identities to schemas.
- Enable the schemas and datasets for Profile.
- Set up merge policies for differing views of Real-time Customer Profile (optional).
- Create segments for Journey usage.
- Ingest data into Experience Platform using streaming APIs & source connectors.