Batch Data Transfer Process Described
A general overview of how Audience Manager performs an asynchronous batch data exchange with a third-party vendor.
Batch Data Integration
The batch data integration process saves visitor information on our servers and synchronizes that material with data sent by a provider at regular intervals. The asynchronous data transfer process is useful when:
- Immediate data transfers are not required.
- Collecting data to build a large pool of segmented users.
- You want to reduce data discrepancies and
HTTP calls from the browser.
Data Integration Steps
- A user visits a customer site.
- Audience Manager and the third-party data provider assign the visitor a unique ID (usually with a cookie).
- Audience Manager calls the third-party data provider to match visitor IDs.
- A scheduled request, usually on a daily interval, exchanges visitor segment data between Audience Manager and your third-party data provider.
- Whenever an inbound Server-to-Server file is processed, a receipt is sent via email to partner solutions and, if configured, to the partner. For more information, see Sample Message to Partners after Inbound Processing.