This article explains how to configure an integration with Twitter Tailored Audiences.
Before you configure your Twitter Tailored Audiences destination, make sure to review the following Twitter prerequisites that you need to meet.
- Your Twitter Ads account must be eligible for advertising. New Twitter Ads accounts are not eligible for advertising in the first 2 weeks after creating them.
- Your Twitter user account that you authorized access for in Audience Manager must have the Partner audience manager permission enabled.
- When creating the first Twitter Tailored Audiences destination in your Audience Manager instance, please contact Adobe Consulting or Customer Care to enable the Twitter ID synchronization (Data Source ID = 1123) for your account. This is required for the correct synchronization between Audience Manager and Twitter.
This section describes the steps you need to follow when configuring a new device-based destination for Twitter Tailored Audiences. This scenario assumes that you have no existing Twitter Tailored Audiences destination configured via your Adobe consultant or Customer Care.
Before you can add the device-based destination, you need to link Audience Manager and your Twitter Tailored Audiences account. Here’s how to do this:
- Log in to your Audience Manager account and go to Administration > Integrated Accounts. If you have a previously configured integration with a destination platform, you should see it listed in this page. Otherwise, the page is empty.
- Click Add Account.
- Select Twitter Tailored Audiences and click Confirm to be redirected to the authentication page.
- Once you’ve authenticated, you are redirected to Audience Manager where you should see your associated advertiser accounts. Select the advertiser account that you want to use and click Confirm.
Step 2. Create a New Device-Based Destination
After you have linked Audience Manager and your Twitter Tailored Audiences, you can create the new destination. Here’s how to do this:
You cannot change the name of an existing device-based destination. Make sure to provide a name that will help you identify the destination correctly.
- Log in to your Audience Manager account, go to Audience Data > Destinations, and click Create Destination.
- In the Basic Information section, enter a Name and Description for your new destination, and use the settings below:
- Click Next.
- Choose the Data Export Labels that you want to set for this destination.
- Click Save.
- In the Segment Mappings section, select the audience segments that you want to send to this destination.
- Save the destination.
Segment Mapping Considerations
When mapping audience segments to Twitter, make sure to meet the following segment naming requirements:
- Provide human-readable segment mapping names. We recommend using the same name that you used for the Audience Manager segments.
- Do not use special characters (
$) in segment and segment mapping names. If your Audience Manager segment name contains these characters, please remove them before mapping the segment to a Twitter destination.
- Correct segment or mapping name: “US and European Shoppers”;
- Incorrect segment or mapping name: “US, European 5h0pP3rs”.
You cannot change the names of already mapped segments. Audience Manager uses the segment names to correctly identify the segments in the integration.
Match Rates Considerations
- The integration between Audience Manager and Twitter Tailored Audiences supports historical audience backfills. All segment qualifications get sent to Twitter when you create the destination.