Manage Company Destinations
Create, edit, and delete Audience Manager destinations.
For detailed information, see Destinations in the Audience Manager User Guide.
Create or Edit Company Destinations
Scroll through the sections for step-by-step instructions on how to create new Audience Manager destinations or edit existing destinations.
Visit the Experience Cloud partner integration page before setting up destinations. The page contains the specific information that you need to fill in for each Audience Manager partner integration.
If your client wants to use Adobe Media Optimizer as a destination in Audience Manager , you need to set this up in Adobe Media Optimizer.
Navigate to the Destinations Tab
- Click Companies, then locate and click the desired company to display its Profile page. You can use the Search box or the pagination controls at the bottom of the list to find the desired company. You can sort each column in ascending or descending order by clicking the desired column’s header.
- Click the Destinations tab.
- To create a new destination, click Add Destination. To edit an existing destination, click the destination’s name in the Name column.
Fill in the fields in the Basic Settings window.
- Name: (Required) Specify the name of this destination.
- Description: Specify descriptive information about this destination.
- Type: (Required) Select the desired destination type:
- Bulk ID: Sync IDs between different platforms.
- Bulk Trait: Send trait information in bulk to different platforms.
- Bulk Segment: Send segment information in bulk to different platforms.
- S2S: Use server-to-server destinations to send real-time and batch data to different platforms.
- Auto-Fill Destination Mapping: ( S2S only) Select an option:
- Segment ID: If you select this setting, the destination value mapping is filled with the Audience Manager Segment ID.
- Integration Code Value: If you select this setting, the destination value mapping is filled with the Audience Manager Segment integration code.
- User ID Key: (Required) Select the desired user ID key for this destination from the drop-down list.
This ID is used as the master data source ID. This determines the user IDs to be outbounded in the file.
For the Bulk ID destination type, you cannot use the Audience Manager User ID or the Adobe Experience Cloud ID.
If your data source ID ( DPID) does not display in the drop-down list, you must select the Outbound checkbox at the data-source level on the Data Source Settings page.
- Target Data Source: (Required) Select the desired data source for this destination from the drop-down list. This setting enables labeling of outbounded data, which allows for ingestion into separate systems on the clients’ side.
- Foreign Account ID: Specify the foreign account ID for this destination. This is the identification value in the recipient’s system for this outbounded data.
- Outbound Sample Rate Denominator: When the total amount of returned data is unknown, use this setting to return only a sample amount of data, rather than the full amount. Adjust the number here to represent a fraction of the data (e.g., a value of ‘100’ returns 1/100th the regular amount of data, a value of ‘10’ returns 1/10th the regular amount of data). The default is ‘1’, which returns all data.
Realtime Data (for S2S destinations)
If you are creating an S2S destination, fill in the fields below:
Servers: Select the desired
HTTP server for this destination.
Format: Select the desired format for this destination from the drop-down list: HTTP only.
For S2S only, you can enable or disable either Realtime or Batch destinations using the onscreen Off/On sliders. You cannot disable both options.
For Bulk ID, Bulk Trait or Bulk Segment destinations, fill in the fields below:
- Protocol: (Required) Select the desired protocol for this destination from the drop-down list:
- Servers: (Required) Select the desired server for this destination from the drop-down list.
- Format: (Required) Select the desired format for this destination from the drop-down list: HTTP or file type, depending on the protocol you chose above.
- Sync Type: (Required) Select the desired sync type for this destination. This indicates the level of user activities clients would want to include in the outbound orders. Select Customer if clients are only interested in analyzing segment qualifications from their properties. Select Platform if they want to include segment qualifications from off-site activities across all Audience Manager customers.
- Customer: File contains active users that have at least 1 trait realization only on client’s properties (associated with the client’s PID) for the selected time period. Your clients should use this option to outbound their real-time segment qualifications to destinations.
- Platform: File contains active users that have at least 1 real-time interaction, be it ID sync or trait realization, anywhere across all Audience Manager clients’ properties (associated with all client PIDs) for the selected time period. Your clients should use this option to outbound their total segment qualifications to destinations.
- Lifetime: File contains active users seen anywhere across all Audience Manager clients’ properties since the creation of the destination.
- Sync Type Lookback Period: If you select Customer or Platform, select a time period. Files contain active users for the selected time period.
Next, select the order type. This indicates the frequency and scope of each outbound integration with partners. Select between incremental and full orders.
- Incremental Scheduled Run: With each run, Audience Manager will only outbound the net new users qualified since the previous outbound order. Select the desired time period that you want Audience Manager to perform incremental synchronization processes. For example, you can select every 24 hours, every seven days, every 30 days, or never.
The first ever incremental order is equivalent to a full order because no previous users were ever sent to the destination.
- Full Sync Scheduled Run: With each run, Audience Manager will outbound all active users since the destination was first set up. Select the desired schedule that you want Audience Manager to use to perform full synchronization processes. For example, you can select every 24 hours, every seven days, every 30 days, or never.
We recommend using incremental syncs more frequently than full syncs. Incremental syncs only send files that contain new trait realizations or ID syncs. Full syncs send the all the files, whether or not they include new realizations or ID syncs. Only use the Full Sync Scheduled Run configuration when clients need a full copy of all their users, to reduce the outbound data volume.
Configure Data Sources
For Bulk ID, Bulk Trait or Bulk Segment destinations, fill in the fields below. These settings let you send all data (traits, segments, or IDs, based on type selected) associated with the data sources.
- All Unrestricted First Party Data: Select to use all first-party data sources. If you select this option, the Available Data Sources options are disabled.
- Available Data Sources: Use the arrows to move data sources between the Available Data Sources and In File Data Sources boxes.
Save and Finalize
The Save button is activated after filling in all the required fields. Click Save to finalize the create destination process.
Delete Company Destinations
To delete a destination:
- Click Companies, locate and click the desired company, then click the Destinations tab.
- Click in the Actions column of the desired destination.
- Click OK to confirm the deletion.
You cannot delete a destination if it has segments mapped to it.